Sunday, July 19, 2015

Fire Review

I have finally finished the Engelsfors trilogy, one year later! 
Fire picks up some time after The Circle. It starts with Linnea's POV which was great as she's my favourite. At first, I got bothered that Ida didn't have a full chapter, but later on she had. I wanted to know more about her and we do get to see more of her life.

We get to know more about the circle's family lives - almost all bad except for Vanessa's- as well as more about magic and how it started.

The girls are getting more and more powerful but also more worried. There is a new evil in town...or two. It takes the shape of 'Positive Engelsfors' a sect like club where they preach that if only you are positive, everything will be well. A lot of people seem to be brainwashed. There is a plot twist as to who was behind PE.

In town arrive also Alexander and his son Viktor who are members of the Council and are investigating Anna Karin's breach to the three laws of the council.

The others seem to stick together, even Ida. Now Ida, was actually one of my favorites! I wanted to know about her because the person that appears more 'cold' usually has reasons, and seeing her family life you understand why. Her personal life isn't that great either. She supports Linnea when something happens. I think in the end, where I was shouting 'NOooooooo' she redeems herself for all her past bullying.

Vanessa was ever sweet and kickass especially with her friendship with Linnea. Her family life improves which is great and she also gets a new job which was hilarious.

Minoo and Anna Karin also develop their friendship further. Which I thought left Ida sidelined. Rebecka and Elias, although dead still play a part in the series.

Another point in the story which I felt wasn't just a sub-plot, was one character's feelings for another. This doesn't involve just the two of them but the others get involved.

Adriana and Nicolaus who both were trying to protect the girls, still continue to do so but Nicolaus left town after he got his memories and Adriana couldn't help them much with the council in town. The council's motto apparently is control over magic.

Overall, the writing was superb. It does multiple POVs justice and I realized that I cannot tell whether Mats or Sara are writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment